3 Best Healthy And Tasty Indian Dinner Recipes Vegetarian
Indian dishes are popular worldwide, but people often consider these dishes unhealthy on some levels. This is primarily because of the spices and the oil content in these dishes. But what if we tell you that you can make Indian dishes healthy and tasty simultaneously? Yes! We have three recipes for you that you can cook for your family without worrying about health and calories. These dishes are delicious, full of flavor, healthy, and nutritious! Sounds too good to be true. Check out below healthy dinner recipes Indian, and you will be amazed at how simple, healthy, and tasty eating is!
3 Best Healthy Dinner Recipes Indian
1. Healthy Palak Paneer
Your family will love this healthy and flavorful palak paneer recipe! It’s made out of simple ingredients and is easy to make:
- Paneer: 150g
- Spinach: 100 to 200g
- MCT Oil: 2 tablespoon
- Water: 1/2 cup
- Green Chilies: 2
- Tomatoes: 1 cup (finely chopped)
- Onion: 1 (finely chopped)
- Ginger and Garlic Paste: 1 tablespoon
- Chilli Powder: 1/2 tablespoon
- Salt: 1/2 tablespoon
- Turmeric Powder: 1/2 tablespoon
- Garam Masala: 1/2 to 3/4 tablespoon
- Milk: 1 Cup
How to Make Healthy Palak Paneer Recipe:
- Boil the spinach leaves for 2-3 minutes until it’s wilted.
- Now, put the boiled spinach in ice-cold water to retain its fresh green color.
- Take a blender and add spinach with green chilies, and tomato.
- Blend and make a smooth paste.
- Heat a pan and add MCT oil. Once the oil is hot, add giner garlic paste and saute for a few minutes.
- When you see the garlic changing its color, add chopped onions.
- Cook the onions for about 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Add the blended spinach puree to the pan and 1/ 2 cups of water.
- Cover the pan and let the gravy cook for about 10 minutes. Keep stirring the gravy from time to time.
- Add red chili powder, salt, turmeric powder, and garam masala when the gravy is cooked. Mix well and cook for a couple of minutes.
- To make the recipe healthy, we will avoid heavy cream and replace it with 1 cup of milk.
- Now add paneer cubes to the spinach gravy and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- We have avoided frying the paneer since we wanted a simple and healthy dinner for you to enjoy.
That’s it! The healthy and tasty palak paneer dish is ready. MCT oil benefits the body and promotes weight loss, and the use of milk instead of heavy cream makes this recipe low fat. You can add a pinch of Kasuri methi and lemon juice on the top for an extra punch of flavors.
Also Read: Overnight Oats Recipes
2. Healthy Pav Bhaji Recipe
Pav Bhaji is a popular and delicious dish that almost everyone loves. It has many nutrients as it contains several vegetables. To prepare:
- Pav Buns: 8
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Onion: 1 (finely chopped)
- Garlic: 1 inch (grated)
- Ginger: 1 inch (grated)
- Potatoes: 3 (peeled and mashed)
- Bottle Gourd: 1 cup (cut into small pieces)
- Cauliflower: 2 cups (cut into florets)
- Salt: As per the taste
- Chilli Powder: 3/4 tablespoon
- Garam Masala: 1/2 tablespoon
- Lemon Juice: 1 tablespoon
- Butter: 20g ( 1 small piece)
How to Make Healthy Pav Bhaji Recipe:
- Use healthy oil and heat the pressure cooker. Add chopped onion, garlic, and ginger and saute them well.
- Add veggies like mashed potato, bottle gourd, cauliflower (and any vegetable you like), and spices (salt, garam masala, chili powder). Cook for about 4-5 whistles and then naturally release the pressure
- Take the veggies out and mash the bhaji until smooth and creamy.
- Add lemon juice and a little bit of butter on top.
- Toast the Pav with healthy oil and serve hot with the bhaji.
- Also, slice some onions and cucumbers and sprinkle lemon juice and black salt. This salad tastes best with pav bhaji and enhances the taste greatly.
Watch your family licking their fingers once they try this recipe. This recipe is healthier than regular pav bhaji, and the kids will get gaga about it! Thank us later.
Also Read: Vegan Pesto Sauce
3. Sabudana Khichdi
This Indian vegetarian dinner recipe screams healthy eating! It is easy to cook, and sabudana makes it a wholesome recipe. To prepare:
- Sabudana: 1 to 1/2 Sabudana
- Water: 1 cup
- Olive Oil: 2 tablespoon
- Cumin Seeds: 1 teaspoon
- Potatoes: 1 cut in small pieces
- Green Chili: 2 to 3 green chili (finely chopped)
- Peanuts: 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- Curry Leaves: 1 sprig
- Organic Salt: 1 tablespoon
- Pepper: 1/2 tablespoon
- Organic Sugar: 1/2 tablespoon
- Coriander Leaves: 2 tablespoon (finely chopped)
- Lemon Juice: 1 tablespoon
How to Make Sabudana Khichdi:
- Rinse the sabudana and transfer it into a large bowl.
- Add 1 cup of water and leave it to soak for 4 to 5 hour.
- Once the sabudana is soft and squishy, drain the water and get them ready to cook.
- Heat oil in a pan, and then add cumin seeds.
- Once the cumin seeds come to a sizzle, add diced potatoes and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Now add green chili, raw peanuts, and curry leaves and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Now, add the sabudanas with salt, pepper, and sugar pinch to the pan.
- Cook them until the sabudanas become translucent. Keep stirring from time to time so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Once it is cooked, turn off the heat and add coriander leaves and lemon juice. You can also crush and add your favorite low-fat crackers to the dish. It gives a crunchy element and makes it fun to eat.
Also Read: Quinoa Salad Recipe
Serve the sabudana khichdi hot with either chilled yogurt or garam chai.
A wholesome and mouth-watering dish is ready. This is the best Indian dinner recipe is vegan and gluten-free, so it’s a good option for people who are allergic to gluten.
Try these fabulous tasty and healthy dinner recipes Indian veg at home and cook a treat for yourself and your family! Everyone from the elder in the house to the kids will ask for more and enjoy their dinner to the fullest!